This is the month to plant out all your bedding and other half-hardy summer-flowering plants as the fear of frosts and cold nights have passed.
Things to do:
- Keep turning the compost in your bin to keep it well aerated.
- Check plants regularly to see if they need watering. If they do, give them a thorough soaking.
- Let’s not forget the bird baths and keep them topped up with water as birds love a daily supply of fresh water.
- Feed wild birds daily with suitable bird food. They rely on us for food all year round.
- Keep secateurs and hoe blades sharp, so they cut well. Always have a tool
- Remove algae and blanket weed from ponds to stop them taking over and choking them.
- Clean tools with an oily rag after use to keep them clean, looking good and prevent rusting.
- Check plants regularly for pests and diseases and deal with them before they get out of control.
Finally, make some time to sit and enjoy your beautiful garden. Fire up the barbecue and enjoy some al fresco dining whenever the weather allows!